Where do your online enquiries come from?
Customers are sending enquiries to you via your website. Well done!
Do you know how they came to your website? Did they
- Typed your website into the browser directly
- Went to Google, search for products you sell. Saw your website and clicked over
- Clicked on your Google ads
- Came from Facebook
- Clicked on an email you sent yesterday
Google Analytics helps you answer these questions easily!
The above is a screenshot from Google Analytics, reporting about your website. Let’s evaluate:
- google / organic: Visitors from Google after seeing your website listing. You realize the fees you are paying your agency for optimizing your website (SEO) is paying off! Great!
- google / cpc: Visitors from Google Ads, a good 34% of your enquiries are coming from there. You calculate that it is profitable and decide to increase budget there
- (direct) / (none): Visitors directly typed your website into the browser, meaning they know you. You start thinking if it is due to the webinars and events you have been holding in recent months
- facebook.com / referral: Visitors from Facebook. You are spending a significant budget on paid ads and are curious why it didn’t show up. You want to ask your agency if something is missing (it is)
- bing / organic: Visitors from Bing, the search engine. The number of enquiries is low, you need more data to come to any conclusion
This is a short report but it can already tell you at a high level whether your online marketing is working, so you can direct manpower and budget at the correct places to get even more customers.
To learn about the other reports available, have a look at our Google Analytics course!
Stay ahead of the curve with weekly updates
Get fresh insights about SEO, PPC, and social media to grow your business. Sign up for the newsletter today!
About the author
Eng Yeow possess a vast and diverse digital experience with 10 years of programming background at Singapore Technologies and Agilent Technologies. His keen interest in running a digital business saw him moving on to digital marketing where he started up a comparison shopping site and advancing to data analytics tracking campaign performances and strategizing for online business performance.
Since then he has been a dedicated SEM consultant with over 6 years of experience –helping MNC and SME brands successfully drive leads to their websites and online campaigns. National Instruments, Fuji Xerox, Autodesk and e2i are some of the clients who have also engaged his expertise to conduct SEM corporate classes for their marketing teams.
An NTU graduate, Eng Yeow is a certified SEM professional with Google and Bing ads. He also possesses vast experiences in major online advertising platforms which include Google, Yahoo, Bing, Facebook and LinkedIn.